Monday, September 20, 2010

Actung!


Pay Attention made me do exactly that. I consider myself a student of technology as well as a user but have never thought of myself as a teacher of technology. That realization gave me pause. Is it enough that I'm aware of all these technological tools that are out there that my students may or may not be using? The answer is no. I not only have to be aware of them but be aware of the vital role they play in my student's lives as well as how to use that technology to engage them in the classroom lessons.

The video provided shocking statistics on the hours adolescents will spend engaged with different aspects of technology, it is an absolute waste to not take advantage of the digital literacies our student's will have and begin to incorporate them into our classrooms. The video found herehelps show how vital technological awareness will be to our student's future success. It is time for the educators of America to wake up and utilize all the advantages technology has to offer us and our students.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. We all have to be tech teachers to some extent these days. :-)

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete